pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Chambers" <m...@mrchambers.org>
Subject RE: How to Run Application without DesktopApplicationContext
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 02:42:33 GMT
Hi Roger,

Thanks for your reply.  Previously I was using Swing and my own XML parser
to create the GUI. So it was called with for example GUIPanel mGUIPanel =
new GUIPanel() from my main application class that controlled various
devices and the database connections;

Then I could just access the MGUIPanel.mState information etc.

The application can be run headless, so sometimes there is not a GUI, but I
guess I can hack around that.

I can probably modify the DesktopApplicationContext.main (to maybe
mainReturn) to return, a reference to the application return type(Just calls
main and then returns the reference..)

Or I could change the architecture to have it GUI centric. It just that my
diagrams would then need to change. and they would not look at neat:]

Anyway I think your answer is, that currently it is not supported:] It would
be a nice feature, since probably not everybody wants to use Pivot from
main.

PS-Thanks for the Pivot Framework, I like the code;] Although the
documentation still needs massive amounts of work;] And the Component
Explorer needs to be finished;]

PS2- If I get some time I will start adding to the Wiki. to try to minimise
the learning cliff;]

Regards,

Mark.