pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Chambers" <m...@mrchambers.org>
Subject RE: in java how can i reference the instance define in a nested bxml's "bxml:id..."
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 01:45:44 GMT
Hi Karel,

Thanks for your feedback.  Appreciate the effort and thanks for the
Examples.
Yeah I had a feeling that getnamed did not traverse, and is good to know
that the window cannot have multiple children.
Also I am currently already using some custom components, but have not been
using the containers, since I want the GUI defined in XML... and putting it
into a class kind of defeats the purpose of using bxml.  If the Container
could read in a BXML file then this would resolve this;]
Also using getNamedComponent if Hierarchical means that I lock in the
formatting of the GUI in code, which once again defeats the purpose off
using bxml...
Unless I create a component traversal class, that automatically goes through
all children of a class to find the named component...(Might do this, should
be fairly easy and only ever use the first component to begin the search.
This would mean that I could solve all bxml reusability problems.

SUMMARY:
I will create a component traversal lookup method and give all components in
the bxml files unique names using script variable assignment to name="" in
the bxml.  This should allow me to completely separate the GUI from the
backend... Then in documentation I just need to define the required
component names and class types and the GUI can then be completely
redesigned in just XML and not have any impact on the backend.

Regards,
Mark.