pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get JOGL running with Apache Pivot
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 14:14:26 GMT
Hi Erik,

> What is the best path for doing development on Pivot itself? I downloaded
> the sources and imported the project into Eclipse and followed the BUILD
> file steps for setup, so I'm guessing that's it.
right, but during development you can let eclipse do the build
(eclipse project files are committed), and use ant only sometimes to
do a fresh build (like doing a release) ...

A read-only mirror is here:  https://github.com/apache/pivot

> I would have preferred to fork so I can send you pull requests if I come up
> with anything useful, and so I get version control out-of-the-box.
yes, you are right :-)

> I want to try the 3D acceleration to see if it helps with my performance
> issues. Right now things are fast enough on my Windows 8.1 machine with
> Celeron CPU, but only just, and I'd like to see if getting at the hardware
> acceleration makes things unquestionably snappy. It would also be cool to
> see, once XWayland becomes more developed on the Raspberry Pi, if pushing
> the graphics load to hardware improves anything on there.
but on Windows Java should already use hardware acceleration (and
JavaFX even using more acceleration, ok) ... so I can suggest to start
with a minimal sample (even without touching too much Pivot classes)
to ensure it and save time, maybe starting from a Swing minimal app.
Then start migrate to Pivot and change only needed classes.

> Thanks for taking the time to reply =)
don't worry, thanks for your interest in Pivot, and to help us make it
better :-) ...

Tell us for news, if you need info, etc ...

Bye