pivot-user mailing list archives

From Wouter Schaart <willow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TextPane and Document, how do I work with them?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 22:42:33 GMT
Thanks Roger,

The textpane control neatly delegates some of it's behavior to the
org.apache.pivot.wtk.text.Node subclasses. But TextPane hard links to those
subclasses. If I insert my own type there TextPane complains about an
"Unsupported node type" I'm not going to be able to do any of that without
subclassing textpane, but unfortunately the skin won't let me do that.

I admit that by now I'm suffering that incurable common cold for the
programmer the "I'll roll my own." syndrome. ;) However documentation isnt'
common on that subject either. Do you know a good resource on how to roll
my own component? And if that fails, in your opinion, what's the absolute
simplest control for me to replicate and experiment with? I thought Label
would be simple, but it's got a lot of frills.

Kind regards

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Roger Whitcomb <RogerandBeth@rbwhitcomb.com