pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: TextPane and Document, how do I work with them?
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 17:52:51 GMT
Well, that sounds awesome, and I would love to have this pushed upstream
into Pivot .... Yes, I've noticed a lack of rich text editors in Java
.... L  So, have fun, and I wish you success.  And please let us know
how we can help...

~Roger

From: Wouter Schaart [mailto:willow512@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:43 AM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: TextPane and Document, how do I work with them?

I appreciate the additional thought you've put into this topic Roger :)

But one of the main attractions of my program is that you can annotate
text with todo's and comments. Those annotations could overlap multiple
chapters and thus would overlap the contents of rollups.

I've begun to experiment with rolling my own control. And it isn't very
hard once you figure out the philosophy. I used HueControl and
HueControlSkin as utterly simple examples that I could work from.

I've decided to change the document structure from a node based
structure to an annotation based structure that we've experimented with
at work. So I will be able to put any sort of annotation on the text
without worrying about the document structure whilst still being able to
enforce that structure.

Who knows, the end result might even be something worth pushing
upstream. ;) I've noticed over the past few months that there's an
absolute shortage of good extendable rich text editors in Java.

Kind regards

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Roger L. Whitcomb