pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: How to apply styles to TableView rows
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 15:26:57 GMT
Hi Damir,

                Thanks for using Pivot!

                Quick suggestion:  can you just “select” the rows you are going to import?
 That is very easy to do with methods like “tableView.addSelectedIndex(int)” or “tableView.setSelectedRange(int,
int)”.

~Roger

From: Damir Dezeljin [mailto:damir.dezeljin@dezo.org]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 3:15 AM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: How to apply styles to TableView rows

Hello,

Last week I got a task to develop a simple Java application for importing Excel files into
MySQL database. As I didn't have experience with Java GUI, I did an investigation and I choose
Apache Pivot for developing the GUI toolking / framework; I'll use Apache POI for reading
Excel files.

The application I'm developing needs to load in an Excel spreadsheet and display its data
in a data grid format; a subset of displayed data needs to be highlighted (colored) to denote
what data is going to be imported into a DB.

I figured out the Apache Pivot TableView would meet my requirements for displaying a data
grid. So I created a TablePane in Java and added it to a ScrollPane defined in a BXML file.
Today I'll move also the TableView definition into Java code as it needs to be dynamic.

Now I'm struggling finding the way how to highlight a certain rows. Various posts mention
the TableView CellRenderer has to be extended; however, I didn't find the way or an example
how to do it.

Can someone help me out with an example or hints how to implement it. In case I need to extend
a TablePane parrent which in my case is ScrollPane or any other class by defining my own,
I would appreciate an example how to use my own class within a BXML file where all the GUI
structure beside the TableView for data is defined.

Thanks in advance,

 Damir