pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Getting referenced BXML files of main file into the class
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:40:06 GMT
I don't see anything in the BXMLSerializer code that would seem to be a
problem.  The content should be set by the included source.  I'm
wondering if there is a problem because of the namespace of your
included file.... Does it make any difference if you make the "infoTab"
into a regular component (maybe SplitPane, I'm guessing?) rather than
using your custom component?

~Roger

From: Ajay Bhat [mailto:a.ajay.bhat@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 8:09 AM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting referenced BXML files of main file into the class

Okay, I fixed the earlier problem somewhat by making all names inline,
but now I've encountered a new one. It would be nice if someone could
help me with it.

I have defined a border and its children as:

<TablePane.Row height="1*">

            <TabPane bxml:id="tabPane">

                        <tabs>

                         <Border>

                           <content>
                     <bxml:include bxml:id="infoTab" src="InfoTab.bxml"
inline="true" />
                            </content>
                     </Border>

          //many other tabs and rows

         </TabPane>

</TablePane.Row>

In the InfoTab.bxml I have.

<luke:InfoTab xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
xmlns:content="org.apache.pivot.wtk.content"
xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk" xmlns:luke="org.apache.lucene.luke.ui" >
         <top>
              <Border>
                   <content>
                           <ScrollPane
horizontalScrollBarPolicy="fill_to_capacity">

                           //many other components

                                                </ScrollPane>

                                    </content>

                        </Border>

            </top>

            <bottom>

                        <Border>

                                    <content>

                                                <TablePane
bxml:id="bottomTable">

                                 //many other components

                                                </TablePane>

                                    </content>

                        </Border>

            </bottom>

</luke:InfoTab>

In my main Java file I have a method to recursively change style of all
components.

private void recChangeStyle(Component component) {

if (component instanceof Border) {

//apply style to border

System.out.println("style applied to Border");

component = ((Border) component).getContent();

recChangeStyle(component);

}

  else if //deal with other components

}

So when reaching the InfoTab aka the border shown above I can't access
the content of the border, all I get is a null on checking the content
of border. Can anyone help me out here?

Regards,

Ajay Bhat