pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running Apache Pivot on the Raspberry Pi
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 21:06:06 GMT
Hi Erik,

> Hey guys, I just tried my app with PNGs in place of SVGs and with a class 10
> SD card in place of the class 4 card I had been using.
> I also ran the app from a terminal from within the window manager, as suggested.
great

> The app is still unusably slow =( It did seem slightly faster to me,
> but not nearly enough to satisfy my clients.
I'm really sorry for this ...

> So, I'll be dropping the RPi and going with a full-on Windows device.
but the same with your Pivot app on a version of Windows running
JavaSE (just for curiosity) ?

Last, I have seen (but didn't tried) other micro devices like RPi but
with more memory and processing power (and cost) running JavaSE ...
would you consider other solutions like this ?

> When either PivotFX or Wayland on the RPi happens,
note that PivotFX is still just an idea (none is working on it), so a
more real option (for now) could be Wayland ...
> I'll try the app again and let you know what happens.
ok, thanks again.

Good luck for your app :-) .

Bye