pivot-user mailing list archives

From Erik Innocent <einnoc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running Apache Pivot on the Raspberry Pi
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 21:33:39 GMT
For development, I'm using a Macbook Pro w/ i7 and 8GB, so it works fine on
here.

I'm not too interested in other Linux minicomputers, for a few reasons. One
is that, where I live, it's hard to get anything other than mainstream
hardware, so if it doesn't work, then I've burned a two weeks and $200 (or
more) on shipping and customs. Another reason is that my clients need
mainstream stuff since they plan on making several units, and if I'm having
problems with something with huge community support like the RPi, what
chance do I have with an issue on some random thing from China? But maybe
the biggest reason I don't want to go with another Linux device is that in
6-12 months, this RPi issue will (hopefully) be gone when they start
packing Wayland with Raspian. Then maybe Pivot will look good on the RPi.
After all, the core issue isn't the hardware -- it's that the software (X,
not Pivot) doesn't take proper advantage of it. So I'd rather use a
placeholder, like an overpowered Windows device, and then try the RPi again
when it's ready.

Cheers, and thanks for your time and interest =)
--E