pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How resize an image in pivot
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:06:34 GMT
On 30 July 2013 18:49, Erik Innocent <einnocent@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> Though if you want to resize the *image files* (and not the image views)
> such that the original files have a smaller footprint in memory, you will
> need an image manipulation library, which (I believe) goes beyond the scope
> of Pivot.

This is correct. Pivot does not provide direct image manipulation
functionality, but it shouldn't take too long to find some generic example
code on Stack Overflow or a similar site if you just need to essentially
create a thumbnail from a larger image.

Or you could just look at the source of Pivot's ImageViewSkin to see how it
scales images internally.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/wtk/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/ImageViewSkin.java

If the resolution or memory footprint of the image is not a problem, then
just configure the ImageView to resize as Roger said.

Chris