pivot-user mailing list archives

From Erik Innocent <einnoc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How resize an image in pivot
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:49:32 GMT
Santosh, you may also find the ScaleDecorator to be useful as a means for
abstracting out the notion of scale from the ImageView itself. You can do
this to any (I believe) component via something like:

float scale = x; // where x = 1 means no change
ScaleDecorator sd = new ScaleDecorator();
component.getDecorators().addDecorator(sd);

I've found that, after applying the Decorator, doing sd.setScale(y) will
change the presentation of the ImageView more or less immediately.

Though if you want to resize the *image files* (and not the image views)
such that the original files have a smaller footprint in memory, you will
need an image manipulation library, which (I believe) goes beyond the scope
of Pivot.

Warning: I'm relatively new to Pivot =D

Cheers,
--E