pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: How to make UnprocessedKeyHandler function in fullscreen mode?
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 23:30:05 GMT
Okay, then I have a couple more questions:

*         Do you have the capability to debug Pivot code itself? (that
is, do you have the source downloaded, and setup in Eclipse or whatever
IDE you are using?)

*         Or can you build the Pivot source with some debugging print
statements?

Because if either one, it would be good to see if the key events even
make it into this code in ApplicationContext.java: 1291 and following,
and if so, what is preventing the UnprocessedKeyHandler from being
called.  Basically this is the logic (for all three events):

            if (dragDescendant == null) {

                // Process the event

                Component focusedComponentLocal =
Component.getFocusedComponent();

. . .

                        try {

                            if (focusedComponentLocal == null) {

                                for (Application application :
applications) {

                                    if (application instanceof
Application.UnprocessedKeyHandler) {

Application.UnprocessedKeyHandler unprocessedKeyHandler =

(Application.UnprocessedKeyHandler)application;

unprocessedKeyHandler.keyPressed(keyCode, keyLocation);

                                    }

                                }

So, basically the "dragDescendant" could be non-null (doubtful), or the
"focusedComponentLocal" could be non-null (possible that fullscreen mode
puts focus somewhere we don't expect).  But, I'm thinking it is more
likely more fundamental in that the key events are never even getting
into this code.

(I'm like the teacher giving you the homework assignment ;) ... I'm a
little busy right now, or I'd do these same tests myself.)

Thanks,

~Roger Whitcomb