pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: What is an example of the use of Application.UnprocessedKeyHandler in Apache Pivot?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:52:49 GMT
So, according to the Javadoc for the Application. UnprocessedKeyHandler
interface:

Optional interface that allows an application to handle unprocessed

key events (keystrokes that are processed when no component has the

input focus).

This would be the case (for instance), if you have an empty window, or a
form that has all its fields disabled.  The kind of things you would
probably want to handle in here would be a keystroke to exit the
application, or to invoke Help, or an About box.  Or maybe a "Connect"
function - something that the user would want to do when nothing else
was available.

The code in ApplicationContext that handles key events will drop into
looking for an "Application" object that implements this interface when
nothing else claims the keystroke.

HTH,

~Roger Whitcomb