pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Separovic, Jason" <jseparo...@uecomm.com.au>
Subject RE: TableView Objects with nested Objects
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 00:22:48 GMT
Hi Roger,

Thanks for the response. I was just missing the setSelectedItemKey bit as per the tutorial.
So my nested object is now binding correctly thanks.

ListButton listButton = new ListButton();
ArrayList listData = new ArrayList();

listData.add(null);
       for(Object o : dao.getAll(f.getType())) {
              listData.add(o);
       }

       String key = f.getName();
       listButton.setListData(listData);
       listButton.setSelectedItemKey(key);
       tableViewRowEditor.getCellEditors().put(key, listButton);

I'm just trying to figure out how to use a different representation of the object instead
of the default toString() method. Is the ItemRenderer responsible for what is displayed in
the button?
Do I create my own renderer if I what to use the getName() object method instead of the toString()
method?

Cheers,

Jason