pivot-user mailing list archives

From Steven Swor <sworisbreath...@gmail.com>
Subject PostQueryWithResponse
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:55:00 GMT
Hi all,

I've had an issue with a web service I was working on where I needed to use
a GetQuery with a large number of parameters, but I exceeded the server's
limit on URL length.  Since I don't have a requirement to adhere strictly
to the REST/CRUD paradigm, and I have access to the server-side code, I was
able to make it work using POST.

To keep things simple on the Pivot side, I forked the GetQuery class and
modified it to send the request using the POST method.  I called the new
class PostQueryWithResponse.

The gist is available at https://gist.github.com/sworisbreathing/5138350.
Would there be any interest in incorporating it into a future Pivot release?

Cheers,
Steve