pivot-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Pozolotin <andrei.pozolo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pivot + webkit?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:44:58 GMT
this is really depressing, man! :-)

but wait, there are

javafx.embed.swing.*
javafx.embed.swt.*

embedder packages there, like the one which embeds FX into SWING example
https://github.com/barchart/barchart-pivot-javafx/blob/master/src/test/java/bench/demo2/SwingFXWebView.java

how they deal with the impedance mismatch?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: pivot + webkit?
From: Greg Brown <gk_brown@verizon.net>
To: Andrei Pozolotin <andrei.pozolotin@gmail.com>
Cc: user@pivot.apache.org
Date: Thu 28 Feb 2013 11:49:55 AM CST
> Possibly. But even if the source code becomes public, the APIs may not be.
>
> Also, don't underestimate the "impedance mismatch" between the FX and Java2D rendering
models. There is not a nice 1:1 mapping between the immediate mode style of Java2D and other
similar APIs and the retained/multiple thread model used by JavaFX.

> On Feb 28, 2013, at 12:46 PM, Andrei Pozolotin <andrei.pozolotin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> there seems to be a promise here that all of prism will be public, or am I misreading
this
>> http://fxexperience.com/2013/02/february-open-source-update/

into the JavaFX WebView which relies on Prism (private JavaFX API).

>>> On Feb 28, 2013, at 11:23 AM, Andrei Pozolotin
>>> <andrei.pozolotin@gmail.com>

not an easy thing to work with. Also, I think many of those APIs are hidden.