pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: default value of maximumLength in TextInput and similar classes
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:57:50 GMT
Hi,

> I don't think 2G is a reasonable value as a default -- this will for
> sure fill up memory in the default JVM configurations.
me too :-) ...

> But, for me, 65000 is way too small.
Excuse me, for a TextInput field ?
Looking at other GUI frameworks even 65000 seems an high default
value, look here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.textboxbase.maxlength.aspx

Or is it too small only for TextArea ?

And on add this attribute even in Label (to avoid the same possible flood) ?

> So, I think somewhere around 1-2MB would be a more reasonable default.
ok ... suggestions ?
Tell me, so Monday I can do the change (and related jira issue, to
put/show it in release notes) and commit ...

Bye