pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject default value of maximumLength in TextInput and similar classes
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:13:25 GMT
Hi all,
looking at TextInput, I have just seen that the maximumLength
attribute value has a default value big (and this is Ok), but it has
the Integer.MAX_VALUE (approx. 2^32) ... so to avoid memory problems,
crash attacks, etc (and so the need for any application to change it
to a lower, safer value) I think that a default max level near 65000
chars could be more that enough (but I repeat, only as default
maximumLength) ... if someone need an higher value it only need to
call the related setter and put a value up to Integer.MAX_VALUE ...

Note that the same attribute exist even in TextArea, and even here I'd
like to lower that default, but I know that with a lot of text the
current value could makes sense ... suggestions ?

What do you think ?
I'd like to put even this small change in 2.0.3 (now, near, really) in
a related jira issue, just to have it in release notes.

Unless objections I'll commit at the beginning on next week.

And last, what do you think if I'd add this attribute even in Label ?

Tell me.
Sandro