pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to draw Java2D primitives to a window
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 11:51:00 GMT
Hi Cynthia, welcome to Pivot.

Drawing functions of Pivot has been used a little, so in 2.0 they have
been removed, so now usually it's used SVG via SVGSalamander.

But of course for your needs it's better to write some classes.
Here you can find some info:
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/Programmatic-drawing-in-Pivot-2-0-td2253493.html

Anyway, you can find our old (archived) versions here:
http://archive.apache.org/dist/pivot/
the latest 1.x is 1.5.2 .

You can even browse/download them from our SVN, for example look here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/tags/v1.5.2/wtk/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/media/drawing/

Just for other ideas (but less specific than your case, but maybe
useful the same) you can look at sources under charts, and its
implementation using JFreeChart here:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-jfree/

On Drawing-related classes, we can even think if could be useful to
refresh that code, and put it (with with a different package name)
under one of our subprojects at Apache-Extras, look here:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/hosting/search?q=pivot&btn=Search+projects
Comments/suggestions on this ?

Tell to us if you need more info/help ...

Bye,
Sandro