pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Two small issues with the bxml primer
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 19:00:44 GMT
Hi Georg,
	Thanks for using Pivot! And thank you for the encouragement.
	I have updated the web page source with these two changes, and the actual site will be updated
"soon".  I actually caught a couple of other typos in that page also.  Thank you for the update.

~Roger Whitcomb

-----Original Message-----
From: Georg Adelmann [mailto:GeoAdel@gmx.de]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:34 AM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Two small issues with the bxml primer

Hey there,

had some time to dig into pivot a bit, still scratching the surface and found one (potentially
two) small mistakes in the bxml-primer document http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/bxml-primer.html

1. a missing end / in the section "The Bindable Interface" at the end:
The code-examples last <Window> should have an end-marking </Window> instead of
<Window at the end> - pivot correctly complained about that :) Here the original code
snippet:

<Window xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk"
    xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml">
    <Label bxml:id="label" text="Hello, World!"/> <Window>

2. I think the example for "Accessing Named Objects" also needs a small fix:
The line

Label label = bxmlSerializer.getNamespace().get("label");

does throw an error, since it needs to be cast from Object to Label, which is missing there
for some reason. I hope that is not my mistake somewhere in the configuration.

Warm regards and thanks for this piece of software, the more I get to know it the more I like
it - hey you made me start learning bxml :) Georg