pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Wrapped text with Buttons inserted
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2013 06:17:59 GMT
I don't think anything much has been done to TextPane recently, so
likely the issues you found will still be there.  But, we will try to
fix them if you run into specific problems.  We are starting to use it
in our application too, so there is even more incentive to make it work
correctly.  It would help if you could write up JIRA issues for things
you find...

~Roger Whitcomb

From: Brendan cheng [mailto:ccp999@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:14 PM
To: pivot user list
Subject: RE: Wrapped text with Buttons inserted

Thanks Roger!

I tried TextPane few months ago and I found some issues, but forgot
details now.  I wonder if there is still any known issues.

Brendan

> Subject: Re: Wrapped text with Buttons inserted
> From: RogerandBeth@rbwhitcomb.com
> Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 16:23:28 -0800
> To: user@pivot.apache.org
>
> Hi Bendan,
> A TextArea can only hold text. If you want mixed text and components
such as Buttons then you will need to use a TextPane instead. This
allows what you're asking for. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of doc on
how to do this. But there is a pretty good TextPane demo in the source.