pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Schwartz, Cynthia L" <cynthia.l.schwa...@intel.com>
Subject How do I programmically and easily antialias fonts in Pivot
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:06:28 GMT
I am wondering how to programmatically antialias fonts in Pivot.  I included a screenshot of
a version of HelloJava.java with a rotated label string.  The left is run with _JAVA_OPTIONS="-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on"
and the right is run with _JAVA_OPTIONS not set.

It is clear that by default, the fonts are not antialiased.  You can zoom in and see more
jagged edges on the right one. My question is how to turn antialiasing on programmatically?
Do I have to modify each component's skin's paint method? Or is there a simpler way?  I would
like it to be the default for my application not a compile flag.

Thanks for your help,

Cynthia