pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Georg Adelmann" <GeoA...@gmx.de>
Subject Two small issues with the bxml primer
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 16:33:34 GMT
Hey there,

had some time to dig into pivot a bit, still scratching the surface and found one (potentially
two) small mistakes in the bxml-primer document
http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/bxml-primer.html

1. a missing end / in the section "The Bindable Interface" at the end:
The code-examples last <Window> should have an end-marking </Window> instead of
<Window at the end> - pivot correctly complained about that :)
Here the original code snippet:

<Window xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk"
    xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml">
    <Label bxml:id="label" text="Hello, World!"/>
<Window>

2. I think the example for "Accessing Named Objects" also needs a small fix:
The line

Label label = bxmlSerializer.getNamespace().get("label");

does throw an error, since it needs to be cast from Object to Label, which is missing there
for some reason. I hope that is not my mistake somewhere in the configuration.

Warm regards and thanks for this piece of software, the more I get to know it the more I like
it - hey you made me start learning bxml :)
Georg