pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: MVC - Binding POJO model classes to Pivot View
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:08:33 GMT
Hi Karel,
	Thanks for using Pivot.  I'm wondering how exactly you are using your "MyModel" class?  Because
what it seems like you are describing is exactly what the Pivot Collections classes already
do.  So, for instance, if you want to display a list of objects in a TableView, if you were
to use a Pivot ArrayList<MyObject> and set that as the data (TableView.setData(new ArrayList<MyObject>())
then the TableView would automatically be notified when changes are made to the list and the
view would be updated.  There is not usually any need to implement these listeners yourself
since the Pivot collections classes already do that (which is in fact the reason they exist
at all is to provide these notifications to the view components).
	So, maybe you could provide a little more code so we can see exactly how you are using your
model class.  But, I'm thinking that much of what you are describing could be done more simply.

HTH,
~Roger Whitcomb