pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 09:08:21 GMT
Hi Steven,
this is a long time question ... and I absolutely agree with you, we
should support at least the Java (integrated) logging system instead
of System.out/System.err .
Of course the problem is that its implementation is not the best (from
an Enterprise point of view) and it's not pluggable with other
standard logging frameworks (the real standard, de facto). If we find
a simple and pluggable way, we could deliver the default
implementation (for Java standard logging) with Pivot, and have maybe
others in our secondary subprojects, for example under Apache-Extras.

For 2.1 we could start to look at how to support this ...
If you have some time, please open a JIRA issue for this here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT

Of course for suggestions etc we are here, or be free to post/attach
things even in the issue.

Probably Roger (he has created one of biggest Pivot Applications, for
the Enterprise world) could say something on this ...

Note: I know that we need many changes now (not always so-compatible
with current code base), this is the reason of my pressure for start
working on the 2.1 release, but as you know currently we are a too
little dev group, so we must before close existing issues for 2.0.x.
But in the meantime we can discuss of any improvement for the 2.1 ...
and of course help (but not only in code, even in discussing things)
is always welcome :-) .

Bye,
Sandro