pivot-user mailing list archives

From Steven Swor <sworisbreath...@gmail.com>
Subject Logging
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 05:32:25 GMT
Are there any plans to add support for a proper logging framework to
Pivot?  I'm working on an application which uses Pivot and logging
elsewhere in its codebase, and I'd like to have Pivot working with my
logging configuration instead of just spitting everything onto System.out
and System.err (e.g. using org.apache.pivot.json.JSONSerializer with
verbose=true)

I can understand not wanting to add additional dependencies to the
framework (i.e. SLF4J or Commons-Logging), but what about
java.util.logging, since it's already included in Java and (via the
java.util.logging.Logger.getAnonymousLogger methods) supports untrusted
applets?

-Steve