pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Simple button in MenuBar
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 22:44:30 GMT
Ah, I see what is happening.  In MenuBar.java at line 162 (inside
"isEnabled) it is checking for a null Menu item.  So, the MenuBar is
definitely assuming that every MenuBar.Item will itself contain a Menu.
I wonder what would happen if you were to define an empty Menu (as in
<Menu/>) underneath your MenuBar.Item .... Probably wouldn't be very
nice visually ....

I'm not sure how to suggest working around this otherwise....

~Roger Whitcomb

From: Joseph Paterson [mailto:joseph.paterson@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:32 PM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Simple button in MenuBar

Hi Roger,

The action is definitely enabled and works fine if it is contained
within an enclosing menu. My menu bar has plenty of MenuBar.Item with
menus within them which work fine, but what I want is to have a button
to access an action directly on the menu bar, not within a menu on the
menu bar (if that makes sense), a bit like a toolbar if you like.

Cheers,

Joseph.

On 21/11/2012, at 4:48 AM, "Roger L. Whitcomb"