pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding $ symbol for each cell entry in a tableview
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 15:33:36 GMT
Santosh,

Firstly, please remember that Sandro and others on this mailing list
are volunteers providing free assistance when they can.

I haven't run your code, but I would suggest looking at the your
CurrencyCellRenderer.toString(Object, String) method based on the last
line of your original email.   Is cellData an instance of Number?  If
not, it wont get any special formatting.
The method tries to format a Number using 'numberFormat' or convert to
a String otherwise.  When the cell values are null, the toString
method returns null.  If the cell value is a non-null, non-Number the
object's own toString() method is called.   My guess is that cellData
is either null or a String when you are not seeing the formatted
result you expected.

Chris