pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with Pivot 2.1 build error [Resolved]
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:00:22 GMT
Hi Greg,
thanks for the info but it's really strange ...
I don't remember to have JRE_HOME set in any of my VM ... could be
this to generate some noise with other env variables.

Did you tried with OpenJDK 7, or are you using Oracle JDK 7 ?
(this is another info to put in build output)

I suggest you to make a custom javaEnv.sh script where to put all your
set/unset env vars, and run it before ecexuting any shell command.
In many VM I have this and it's useful ... for example see this:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/infra/bin/setup-environment-sample.sh

All our CI Builds (on ASF Jenkins farm) are mostly on Linux servers
(ubuntu, and others) and without changes to build.xml all works, even
with Java 7 . Just for reference:
https://builds.apache.org/job/Pivot-trunk/
https://builds.apache.org/job/Pivot-trunk%20on%20Java%207/

And when I make a Pivot release, I use an ubuntu VM with a standard
installation of JDK, but with JDK 6.

Anyway thanks for the info now, I'll try to take a look at it with a
Linux VM ...

Bye,
Sandro