pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject RE: Process meter presentation problem
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 21:36:50 GMT
Which thread are these methods running in?  And what is the parent
container of these two <Border...> components?  Maybe you could supply a
little more context from your main bxml file ....

~Roger Whitcomb

From: Camilo Casadiego [mailto:Camilo.Casadiego@adv.co]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 1:58 PM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Process meter presentation problem

Hi there, I used the process indicator example showed in the example in
http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/background-tasks.html and everything
is working as expected...but at the end I want to show the process logo
and when the task finishes I want to show the normal working page...What
I want to achieve is something like this..

when the process is running should look like this..

and when the process is finished i want it to show the actual real
window

To try to achieve this I have placed components like this

<Border bxml:id="borderB" styles="{backgroundColor:null, padding:2}">

       <ActivityIndicator bxml:id="activityIndicator"/>

    </Border>

    <Border bxml:id="borderA" styles="{backgroundColor:null,
padding:2}">

       <TabPane bxml:id="contents"/>

    </Border>

Where this componets are contained into a big Frame class

ublic class BaseFrameController extends Frame implements
GenericViewController

In order to show one or another this is what im trying to do

public void activateWaitAction(){

              baseFrame.getBorderA().setVisible(true);

              baseFrame.getContents().setEnabled(false);

              baseFrame.setEnabled(false);

              baseFrame.getActivityIndicator().setActive(true);

       }

       public void releaseWaitAction(){

              baseFrame.getBorderA().setVisible(false);

              baseFrame.getBorderA().setEnabled(false);

              baseFrame.getContents().setEnabled(true);

              baseFrame.setEnabled(true);

              baseFrame.getActivityIndicator().setActive(false);

       }

when the process startarts I call the first method and when finished I
call the second one...but nothing happens...I can show one or another
window acording on the order I place the in the bxml file...I know this
should be a simple rendering problem bur rigth now Im really stuck..Any
help'll be really apreciated (The code regarding the task and task
monitors works perfect ;) )