pivot-user mailing list archives

From Josh R <tripano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dialog opened from menu loses focus
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:19:21 GMT
On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:30 AM, Tomas Stenlund
<tomas.stenlund@telia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't actually thought about this until recently. But when a dialog is
> opened from a menu selection it first gets the focus, but then looses it
> when the menu redraws itself. It works as expected when the dialog is

Have you looked at the blockingdialog :
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-contrib/wiki/GuretzkiFeatures
If you want to block the user then this is the dialog you can use. I
spent an entire day and then found a solution on this list.

Download the contrib jar from the above link(I just add it to
external-jars on my eclipse build-path). Add this code in your
Main.java

                //dialog.setModal(false);
                //dialog.open(Main.this);

                Dialog d = new Dialog("my-dialog", true);
                BlockingDialog bd = new BlockingDialog();
                bd.setContent(d);
                bd.open(Main.this.getDisplay());

Let us know how it goes....

> Cheers,