pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brannon <greg.d.bran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Determining Pivot component attributes and styles
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:54:12 GMT
Roger (representing many),

As I said, it's only been a few days, but in that short, often
frustrating time, the good fortune to find the Component Explorer was
not mine.  After your response, a simple Google search led me here:

http://pivot.apache.org/demos/component-explorer.html

I see its potential, though somewhat indirect, to answer many of my
questions about attributes and styles, and I thank you for taking the
time to respond to my plea for help and for the encouragement.  I'm
often blind to the obvious, but the value and location of the Component
Explorer should be more prominently displayed for explorers wandering
off the beaten path like me.

I understand the connection to the bean methods, but I don't yet know
how to exploit that and wonder why I'd want to, hoping I'll never have
to.  I'm completely mystified by skins and how I'll use them to my
advantage, but I think I understand their importance to tailoring the
Pivot experience, and I hope I figure them out someday.

Back to the tutorials with a new and improved perspective . . .

Greg