pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TableViewRowEditor or actually ListAdapter throws InstantiationException
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:43:52 GMT
Hi tomas,

> Hi Thanks a lot for your time !
it has been a pleasure

> Yes, you have understood my problem correctly.
good :-) ...
> I though about extending the Adapter as well, but then got carried away with other things.
yes, I imagine, so simple solutions are never without drawbacks ...

> Nevertheless, I came to the same conclusion as you have below, that the pivot model is
something I have to convert my Cayenne lists to.
> For two reasons, the one you state below, that they are more "Pivot:ish" and work better
inside Pivot and the other that I actually send in my Cayenne data model into the Pivot framework
through the ListAdapter having no idea of what the framework actually might do with it ;-)

> So, I have now converted "my data model" to "pivot model" where needed and are no longer
using the ListAdapter. Everything works great, so I have now released my first milestone of
a Pivot-based Cross Country Skiing competition management and time recording application at
http://blog.stenlund.cc .
this is interesting ( http://blog.stenlund.cc/?p=17 ), and the
application looks good :-)

> Once again, thanks a lot for your effort,
don't worry, and thanks to you for using Pivot ... keep us updated on
your applications :-) .

Note that In Pivot Home Page some time ago I removed most User
Comments (but only because they need too much space in the page), so I
moved them in this page (with a link to it):
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIVOT/User+Comments
maybe later if I find some time I could enhance that part of the site ...

If you have/want something to write, I'll be happy to host there ...
if you want send me (via private email) and I'd post them in the wiki.

Thank you very much,
Sandro