pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TableViewRowEditor or actually ListAdapter throws InstantiationException
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:26:14 GMT
Hi Tomas,
I hope to understand in the right way your problem ...

Did you tried to make a custom version od ListAdapter, like:

public class ListAdapterWithDefaultList<T> extends ListAdapter<T>
implements List<T>, Serializable {
    private static final long serialVersionUID = -7329284780271109312L;

    public ListAdapterWithDefaultList() {
        super(new java.util.ArrayList<T>());
    }

// TODO: here ...

}

and in the TODO maybe override the methods that gives to you problems,
like remove (just a a idea to start, if appliable to your case) ?

Pivot collections were made to be used extensively inside Pivot, but
of course the counterpart is that conversions are needed between Java
standard collections and Pivot version, I know ... so think of them as
a "Pivot model" near to Components.
Many frameworks need conversions between "models" so this shouldn't be
a great problem (generally speaking).

With Scala I made some prototypes (using Scala implicits) for
transparent conversions between Scala and Pivot Collections, just as
idea.

I hope to give you some useful info, but if you have some minimal code
to post we can try to see if/what to improve in Pivot to simplify it
(maybe even with some API change, but for 2.1.x).

Tell me.

Bye,
Sandro