pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Locale.getDefault() return different between Java 6 and Java 7
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 07:49:21 GMT
Hi,

> Not sure if you guys have any test for Locale.getDefault() in Java 6 and 7.
I'm sorry but still I use Java 7 only for some tests (and some builds
for Pivot), but nothing more, and it's a thing I have never seen ...
but good to know. When possible I'll do some tests in my win7 test
environments.

> From what I found, Locale.getDefault() returns the format you choose from lang panel
of win 7 but in Java 7, the win 7 lang version is returned.
> In my case, I used a simplified chinese win 7, so in Java 7, no matter what locale format
I choose, I still get "zh_CN" but in Java 6, I get what matches locale format I chose.

> Do you think it is a bug for Java 7?
Yes, definitely, but could be a bug related only in Chinese version of Java 7.
Did you already tried to discuss it in Oracle forums, or directly
opening a bug at Oracle ?

> I think you guy may need to be aware of this.
Yes, thank you very much for this.

Bye