pivot-user mailing list archives

From Tomas Stenlund <tomas.stenl...@telia.com>
Subject Re: TableViewRowEditor or actually ListAdapter throws InstantiationException
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:10:01 GMT
Hi Thanks a lot for your time !

Yes, you have understood my problem correctly. I though about extending the
Adapter as well, but then got carried away with other things.

Nevertheless, I came to the same conclusion as you have below, that
the pivot model is something I have to convert my Cayenne lists to.
For two reasons, the one you state below, that they are more
"Pivot:ish" and work better inside Pivot and the other that I actually send
in my Cayenne data model into the Pivot framework through the ListAdapter
having no idea of what the framework actually might do with it ;-)

So, I have now converted "my data model" to "pivot model" where needed
and are no longer using the ListAdapter. Everything works great, so I have
now released my first milestone of a Pivot-based Cross Country Skiing
competition management and time recording application at
http://blog.stenlund.cc.

Once again, thanks a lot for your effort,

Tomas