pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pivot pdf viewer
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 13:59:50 GMT
Hi Camilo,
I'm sorry, haven't direct experience on displaying PDF from Java (only
generating them in many ways :-) ), but I can suggest you some tests:
- PDF-Renderer, from http://java.net/projects/pdf-renderer/
- PDFBox, from Apache: http://pdfbox.apache.org , it should have even the
ability to transform a PDF in an image (don't know it single page, or even
multi-page), take a look here:
http://pdfbox.apache.org/commandlineutilities/PDFToImage.html
- iText ( http://itextpdf.com/ ), everything on PDF but not for display ...
but maybe it has something to render it to an image ...
  -- wait a moment, maybe the following example could help:
http://itextpdf.com/examples/iia.php?id=259

- there are many others (most on generation/parsing), but really
open-source I think not-so-much, take a look even here for a list:
http://java-source.net/open-source/pdf-libraries

- and as last option (but of course not so platform independent), in your
application let the user set the command to execute the desired PDF Viewer

Note that probably all Java libraries use Swing as a graphics backend (amd
maybe someone even with for SWT), so I think it will be better to handle it
in a different window.

Keep us updated ...

Bye