pivot-user mailing list archives

From ccp999 <ccp...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: SuggestionPopUp for email recipients list
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 03:03:07 GMT
Hi All,

I agree that Noel's solution is more comprehensive but it goes a bit too far
from SuggestionPopup.  I would suggest a SuggestionPopup would just do a
suggestion based on what string it received and just also replace  the
suggestion the user chose to where the string came from.  so that
SuggestionPopup can be linked to TextInput or TextArea and it won't replace
the whole TextInput or TextArea.  And the user have to decide when to pass
the string for suggestion and where to apply the replacement.  The problem
of existing suggestionpopup code is it does too much.  I also think my
solution can be applied to a email address case and beyond.

I'm familiar of the skin implementation and not sure which part of the code
does the replacement for suggestion.  Could you show me?

Brendan