pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Swing/pivot problem
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 17:06:32 GMT
Hi Jamal,
take a look at this (old) article on Swing and Repaint:

http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/articles/painting/

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/swing/RepaintManager.html

maybe could help ... did you tried to force repaints (even of the
Pivot area, inside your Swing Application) using Repaint Manager ?

Other info onm this topic (from the Swing side):
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/alexfromsun/archive/2008/04/custom_repaintm.html

Form the Pivot side, have you already tried to do the following tests
on the the outer Container/Component ?
- try to call its method repaint(boolean immediate)
- get the graphics2D context and maybe force a paint(Graphics2D graphics)
- invalidate the outer Container/Component, and then maybe try a repaint
- if none of the previous things solve, try to disable the double
buffering and see what happens retrying previous tricks ...

Note that under the Demos subproject there is SwingDemo ... maybe you
can get some info even from it.

If you can put a minimal sample, post here (maybe inside a zip, in
jira) and I'll be happy to try/debug directly it ... sorry for not
giving to you more info, but got very little time this week, I hope
next will go better :-) . Let's update soon ... if you have some info,
post here.

Bye