pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploing pivot application using Java Web Start
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 23:24:56 GMT
Hi,
with so little details it's hard to say ... but few things come to my mind:

- what version of Java: a recent 6, or 7 ?
- have you tried using signed jars (all jars, not only Pivot jars),
and in the jnlp file add the full permission (all-security or similar)
tag ?
- if you have the problem, at this point, try to not use code event
listeners from JavaScript (that used in the JVM)

I'm sorry but personally I'm never been able to make something run
with IcedTea (Pivot and Swing Applets) ... but could be my fault ...
and maybe we should improve our knowledge/support on IcedTea, but we
need some IcedTea expert ...
So for any Client-side Java I always use the Sun/Oracle JDK/JRE (even
on Linux systems), and the same I think even others Pivot Developers.

If you can post a minimal sample somewhere maybe we could help more
(even a minimal but working bxml file) ... even here in attach if you
can/want (all inside a zip). Or better, you could open a JIRA issue
and attach there all screenshot, code, etc ...

Note:
we are in the release process for the final 2.0.1 release, and there I
have re-enabled/fixed all Java Web Start Demos inside the
pivot-demos.war file, so you can try with them and use as a sample.
If you want you can download the release candidate from here (
http://people.apache.org/~smartini/pivot-2.0.1_release/ ), or you can
download sources from the related tag in svn (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/tags/2.0.1/ ) and build
yourself.

I hope to give you some useful info ... keep us updated.

Bye,
Sandro