pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pivot with Firefox on Ubuntu
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 13:21:12 GMT
On 8 January 2012 13:09, Volker Seibt <vseibt@t-online.de> wrote:
> I didn't find https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-707 because
> not only TextArea is affected and linux is not mentioned in the
> headline.
No problem.  I had trouble finding the ticket even though I knew it was there!

> Non-Pivot-applets seems not to be affected. If I'll have the time I will
> build two simple applets, one pivot and one none pivot with key
> listeners to see what happens in either case, and attach them to
> PIVOT-707 to make further investigations easier.
This is what I wanted to do, but just haven't had the time.  I wanted
to create a tiny Pivot applet that would just show what keypresses it
receives and whether it thought it had focus.  I am still really busy
with other commitments, but might be able to come back to this in a
couple of weeks.

> By the way: is there any reason for deployJava.js than easier
> maintenance? E. g. http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/forms.html runs
> also with ...
I really do not know.  All of my Pivot apps have been desktop based,
but perhaps someone else can give you an answer.

> Because OpenJDK itself has problems with some other applications I use
> and IceTea-Plugin is also reported to have problems with also non-pivot
> applets I won't look at this stack.
If we can build a minimal Pivot applet that consistently 'fails', then
we should be able to try different JVMs, OSs, browsers etc to try to
figure out where the problem comes from.  I only tend to use Ubuntu as
a test platform, so don't have a lot of experience with the various
combinations of these parts and what currently does or doesn't work in
general.

Please keep us updated with any progress you make (or any questions
that you have) on the mailing list, but also feel free to add comments
to the existing JIRA tickets if you wish.

Chris