pivot-user mailing list archives

From Piotr Kołaczkowski <p.kolaczkow...@sages.com.pl>
Subject Re: Double buffering of components
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:14:06 GMT
Hi,

Ok, I found what is wrong.
I thought that setting doubleBuffered on a Container is enough. But
unfortunately the patch applies only to the Component.paint
and Container overrides it with a method explicitly calling paint on all
the children, regardless it is doubleBuffered or not.
So the patch works currently only for child-level components.  But
double buffering would be most useful on complex components containing
lot of subcomponents, e.g. whole frames (we save not only on painting,
but also on the whole painting logic like bounds calculation, etc.).

Best regards,
Piotr

--
Piotr Kołaczkowski