pivot-user mailing list archives

From Piotr Kołaczkowski <p.kolaczkow...@sages.com.pl>
Subject Double buffering of components
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:09:33 GMT
Hi,

Is there support for explicit double-buffering of components (especially
windows) like it is in Swing?
Currently I faced another performance problem - imagine a top level
Window with a one single Frame open in it.
The Window contains an animation, that needs to be repainted at >30 FPS.
When I issue the repaint, not only the window gets repainted, but also
the parts of the frame that happened to be inside the repaint region (if
the user shadows a part of the animation with the frame, the frame gets
the repaints).
For complex Frames with lots of components inside them, it may be slow.
And it is not needed, because I actually haven't changed anything inside
the frame, so it is perfect case for double buffering and drawing the
whole frame with a single drawImage statement.

So, is there a workaround now for this? Is this planned?

Regards,
Piotr

--
Piotr Kołaczkowski