pivot-user mailing list archives

From Volker Seibt <vse...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Pivot with Firefox on Ubuntu
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 13:09:43 GMT
Chris,

thanks for response.

I didn't find https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-707 because
not only TextArea is affected and linux is not mentioned in the
headline.

Non-Pivot-applets seems not to be affected. If I'll have the time I will
build two simple applets, one pivot and one none pivot with key
listeners to see what happens in either case, and attach them to
PIVOT-707 to make further investigations easier.

I used a pivot applet without deployJava.js as a first analysis because
also javascript on different technolgies might have been the problem,
but there is no difference.
By the way: is there any reason for deployJava.js than easier
maintenance? E. g. http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/forms.html runs
also with
<applet code=org.apache.pivot.wtk.BrowserApplicationContext$HostApplet
	archive="lib/pivot-core-2.0.jar, lib/pivot-wtk-2.0.jar,
lib/pivot-wtk-terra-2.0.jar, lib/pivot-tutorials-2.0.jar,
lib/svgSalamander-tiny.jar"
	width=512 height=384>
	<param name="java_arguments" value="-Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true
-Dsun.awt.erasebackgroundonresize=true" />
	<param name="application_class_name"
value="org.apache.pivot.wtk.ScriptApplication" />
	<param name="startup_properties"
value=src=/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/layout/forms.bxml />
</applet>

Because OpenJDK itself has problems with some other applications I use
and IceTea-Plugin is also reported to have problems with also non-pivot
applets I won't look at this stack.