pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maximizing Frame overrides the Set Limits
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:20:49 GMT
On 11 December 2011 05:02, pavan vadavalli <pavan.vadavalli@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have looked at the TerraframeSkin, there is no specific plug points where
> i can plugin the code for Maximize button functionality at the Customization
> skin without touching the Pivot code.

Creating a custom skin (and component) that extends an existing Pivot
one does not have to be difficult, but unfortunately it is not
something that has been documented as far as I am aware.  I know I
have posted example apps to the mailing lists in the past that use
custom skins, so I will try to find one and point you to it as a
reference.

After a very quick scan of the TerraFrameSkin source, it looks like
the ButtonPressListener on line 314 is what you would need to modify
to alter the current behaviour.

However, you might be able to listen for the maximized event of the
Frame and insert some custom code in the listener, but I don't have
time to look into it to confirm.
http://pivot.apache.org/2.0/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/wtk/WindowListener.html#maximizedChanged(org.apache.pivot.wtk.Window)

What about extending Frame and overriding setMaximized() there?
http://pivot.apache.org/2.0/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/wtk/Window.html#setMaximized(boolean)

> By the way , Dont you think this a bug from API perspective that Max limits
> are not considered?

I don't think so myself, but that is just my opinion.  I understand
your point of view though and would be interested to know what other
OSs and UI toolkits do in this scenario.