pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@actian.com>
Subject Question about "previewSheetClose"
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 18:15:12 GMT
I need to implement a prompt in my Save As dialogs to confirm if you
want to overwrite an existing file.  So, I try to add a
SheetStateListener and begin the prompt in there.  That all works,
except that the FileBrowserSheet "rolls up" and then rolls back down
with the prompt showing on top of it.  The reason it does that is that
my listener is now third in line.  First is the FileBrowserSheet
listener which calls "super" (which is Sheet itself) which starts the
close transition and then it sets the selected file.  So, my listener
actually gets called twice:  once with the previous selected file (or
null) set and once with the correct file.

So, there are two ugly things:

1) Visually it doesn't look good to have the sheet go away and come back
with the overwrite prompt on it.

2) It is hard to code the logic in my listener to deal with being called
twice.

What I'm casting around for is a way to make my listener be the "first
in line" or have mine take precedence somehow without (necessarily)
having a lot of knowledge of Pivot internals since they may change over
time.  I mean that I *could* remove any existing listeners from the list
and make mine the only one and have mine call the other ones if
appropriate, but that seems like a really bad practice, in general.  So,
any thoughts as to what's the "right" way to handle this?  I think
similar problems could potentially arise with other close/state
listeners as well, although the visual aspects are most clearly seen
with Sheet since it starts the rollaway transition in
"previewSheetClose".

Or am I missing something fundamental here?  Thanks.

Roger Whitcomb

Architect, Engineering

Actian Corporation

roger.whitcomb@actian.com <mailto:roger.whitcomb@actian.com>

PHONE +1 650.587.5596

FAX +1 650.587.5550

www.actian.com <http://www.actian.com>

  <http://www.actian.com/>

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
delete the original transmission and all copies from your system.