pivot-user mailing list archives

From pavan vadavalli <pavan.vadava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maximizing Frame overrides the Set Limits
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 20:49:38 GMT
my first search was for any getter or setter available and it wasnt
there,
My quick fix was to change the access specifier of the variable to get
it running and test it.

One more option i can think of  is  providing the
ButtonPressListnerList for access to an extended class as protected or
a public getter.

Any other alternative solution is most welcome, basically i need to
override the functionality of default Listners for these buttons.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan

On Thursday, 15 December 2011 4:47:03 AM, Sandro Martini wrote:
> Hi Pavan,
>
>> Updates to Access specifier:
>> If you can get the access specifier to be Protected for 2.0.1, it would make it easy
for me to upgrade to 2.0.1 quickly.
> Good, but I have a question:
>> I have taken the approach of upgrading  the access specifier  of Minimize and Maximize
buttons of TerraFrameSkin to Protected.
> you have changed from
>      private FrameButton minimizeButton = null;
>      private FrameButton maximizeButton = null;
>      protected FrameButton minimizeButton = null;
>      protected FrameButton maximizeButton = null;
> ??
>
> I was thinking you changed getter methods, because I don't think it's
> a good thing change directly attribute properties in this way, even
> because those attributes are specific implementations of the Terra
> Skin. Searching inside wtk-terra I haven't found a trick like this, so
> really I think we should change the solution ...
>
> An alternative could be instead of using FrameButton (implemented in
> the Terra Skin), maybe use PushButton (generic, and from Wtk) instead
> ... because
>      public static class FrameButton extends PushButton {
> and add protected getter (and maybe even setter), but I have to see if
> this is enough (and doesn't give problems in other parts) ...
>
> Chris (and other Pivot Developers), what do you think ?
>
> If we don't find a quick (and robust) solution in a few days we have
> to delay it to 2.0.2 or 2.1 ... sorry.
>

>> Learning Points for Pivot
>> One painful area for me in learning Pivot was a good documentation about the Life
Cycle API for example when layout , paint methods would be called.
> I understand :-) ... in 2.0.1 we have do some improvement in JavaDocs
> (thanks even to some our users), have you tried to update to the
> latest trunk and see if is enough ? Or if it is't, any suggestion is
> welcome :-) .
>
>> I am just getting hold of Pivot now, sure i will start compiling the list as i move
along .
> Very good.
>
>> Will update about once i finish the MDI implementation .I have to take complete this
on my spare time . Once i am done i will submit the code to Core group and would seek your
suggestions improving the same.