pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cheatsheet for Component properties and styles?
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:39:09 GMT
Hi all,

> Ultimately, I would like to see all of the BXML/bean related data available from a simple
call to a single method provided as part of Pivot.  This would be an authoritative source
of that metadata which could then be presented as required.
I agree absolutely ... maybe check in even for 2.0.1 if you already
have the code :-) ... even without refactoring existing classes.

On some Tool to support documentation generation and/or style
properties enumeration, some quick idea, to hear what you think:

- for sure the (new) class to discover style properties in a standard
way, then (optional, maybe in 2.0.2 or 2.1) retrofit existing classes
to use it ...
- a batch like tool (could be an ant task, or maybe a Doclet ... but
never written one so I have to check) to run on Pivot classes and
generate a custom set of documentation
- a GUI tool to expose style properties ... could be a retrofit of
Component Explorer ?

Comments ?

I think a ticket for 2.1 could be good to have :-) ... with a
reference on this disucssion (with Nabble links).

Bye