pivot-user mailing list archives

From Bill van Melle <bill.van.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Cheatsheet for Component properties and styles?
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2011 03:37:00 GMT
BXML development would be so much faster with an Eclipse editor that
understood BXML, not just generic XML.  But I don't expect to see one
soon.  The next best thing might be a much simplified javadoc-like
reference that for each Component would list its properties and its
skin's properties, all on one page, so that I don't have to jump
around in the main javadoc all the time when I can't remember which
component supports which properties, their exact names, and whether
they belong on the component or on its skin, and would additionally
remove the extra non-bean clutter from the full javadoc pages.  I'm
tempted to write something to post-process the existing javadoc, but I
was wondering if anyone else has already tried to produce something
along these lines?

In another direction, I suppose one could write a Java program linked
with the Pivot libraries and using reflection to generate the same
sort of information in real time.  I'm sure there already exist
browsers of Java classes, maybe even ones oriented to showing the
"bean" view of classes, but the advantage to a dedicated one is that
it could also incorporate skin information into a unified
presentation.

Or has anyone tried to generate a DTD for BXML?  DTD-aware xml editors
could then do a certain amount to help, though they would still be
helpless for providing hints about the content of the styles property.