pivot-user mailing list archives

From jensebhasen <Jens.Han...@motorolasolutions.com>
Subject Adding domain object data to tableview
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 13:32:03 GMT
Hi,

I've been looking at the data binding example, tried searching this
mailinglist, and looked in the java API, but it all left me a bit confused
with regards to how I can easily map data from my domain objects (plain
beans) to columns in a tableview.

I managed to create BeanAdapter for one of my domain objects:

		Device device = new Device();
		device.setDeviceName("device1");
		BeanAdapter beanAdapter = new BeanAdapter(device);

And that works as expected. The TableView class do have a
setTableDataBindMapping() method, but I simply cannot get my head around how
I easily map the data and the table together.

The basic scenario is that I get a list of devices, and each device should
populate a row in the TableView. The number of columns might be <= the
number of properties available in the domain object; in other words the end
user might choose to only view a subset of the properties available, but I
think that is a minor issue, which I can figure out myself later.

-----
Regards
Jens